300mm Compressed Heater Chuck
In an effort to reduce the overall cost for an existing application, BCE developed a 300mm Aluminum Heater chuck that is Un-brazed utilizing the compression of two plates with counter sink set screws. The heater surface specs were 0.003” flatness at a 0.005” parallelism. Using a 208 volt power supply at 9.7ohm, start @ 25°C temperature and ramped from 100°C to 465°C in 23 minutes.
Aluminum Heater Chuck needed to satisfy the following:
- Achieve temperature up to 435°C @ +/- 2% or better
- Internal element must be able to withstand temperatures up to 600°C
- Anodized surface for electrical isolation
- 208 Volt, 9.7 Ohm, 4,460 Watt (+5% / - 10%)
- Thermocouple bore hole to be placed at the center (variable)
- 4 point temperature profile on the top surface of the heater
- Used an infrared sensor for each 4 point locations
- FINISH: Hard coat anodize per MIL-A-8625F, Type 3 Class1 Hard-coat thickness
BCE produced a highly effective high 300mm heater with exceptional uniformity better than the proposed 435°C (+/-2%). After the initial ramp, the heater maintained 435°C (+/- 1%).
BCE Engineering & Quality Assurance
BCE engineers provide decades of experience in design and development, delivering a wealth of empirical data and experience. BCE welcomes your custom requirement and will design and deliver a part that meets your challenging needs.
BCE is recognized for its commitment to quality and excellence by being certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.